[pmwiki-users] Workflow?

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Nov 28 13:34:40 CST 2005

This sounds a >lot< cooler to me, as it then prevents anybody from editing the official version of the page as long as a draft is in progress.  I don't think I'd use it for any of my existing sites, but if I >did< need that functionality I think this would be a pretty simple approach for authors to deal with.

David

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 12:50:36PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> 4.  The "Save", "Preview", and "Save and edit" buttons work as
>     normal, except they're always working on just the "-Draft" page.
>
> 5.  A new "Release" button is added; activating this button causes
>     the contents to be saved to the original (non "-Draft")
>     version of the page, and the draft version of the page is
>     removed.

An alternate approach:  The "Save" and "Preview" work as before --
i.e., saving and releasing the page, and removing any draft version.
There's also a "Save as draft" button that saves the page as
a draft, and any subsequent edit requests for the page load from the
draft copy instead of the released one (and display "-Draft" in the
title).  The "Save and edit" button works like "Save as draft" in
that it saves a draft copy, but it returns the author to the edit
form for more editing of the draft.