[pmwiki-users] Section 508 compliance

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:23:06 CST 2005

On 11/29/05, Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, I don't know that it's already compliant, I'm just saying
> > I'll be glad to make changes to aim in that direction.  :-)
> >
> No not quite, but almost. For starters, all form fields must have
> labels. From what I have seen, non of the form fields generated by
> PmWiki have labels except the EditTitle recipe (shameless plug),
> Patrick, you might want to see how I implemented that so the label is
> both editable and translatable (I think - Unfortunately I only know
> English so I haven't tested that part)
>
> To test your sites for 508 compliance go here:
> http://www.contentquality.com/Default.asp
>
> Currently that is the only problem I see, but I  haven't really
> checked more than my homepage and the pmwiki.org home page where, in
> both cases the search field fails the alternate text test (the first
> test on the list).

I just ran level 3 test on pmwiki.org and other than a few things that
can be corrected in the markup, and additional form field label
problems, the only other area of concern is that "The HTML (Root)
element does not use the 'lang' attribute." This, of course, is a skin
issue, but I was thinking PmWiki should add this (via a var in the
template) based upon language settings in the config files. Although,
this sounds easier to me, its a level 3 priority, while the label
issue is a bare minimum requirement.

--
----
Waylan Limberg