[pmwiki-users] RSS from authuser protected groups/pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 30 07:55:16 CST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 12:45:59PM +0100, bram wrote:
> Thomas N. Burg wrote:
> >still an issue for me. Is there a way to make this happen?
>
> If you use username/password protection maybe the following works:
>
> https://username:password@www.site.invalid/index.php?n=Protected.AllRecentChanges?action=rss
>
> This works with thunderbird and a password protected server. I know it
> works for a couple of other news readers as well
> I don't think it makes a difference who sends the 'request for password'
> the server or the wiki. It will not work for the traditional single
> password protection

Unfortunately, it does matter who sends the request for password, at
least on all of the versions of Apache I've tried it on.  If Apache
doesn't send the request, then Apache doesn't pass along the
username/password information from the url to the script.  So, to get
the "username at password@" part from a url, the request has to come
from Apache (and PHP has to be running as an Apache handler, not
a cgi script, and Apache has to treat username at password as being valid,
and...)

It's possible to include the username and password as part of the
RSS feed request url by adding the following to config.php:

    if (@$_GET['authpw']) {
      $_POST['authpw'] = $_GET['authpw'];
      $_POST['authid'] = @$_GET['authid'];
    }