[pmwiki-users] Re: Section 508 compliance

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 30 09:18:27 CST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:13:11AM +0000, Anno wrote:
> adding this to a document:
> [-(:pagelist link={$FullName} fmt=simple:)-]
>
> breaks the xhtml compliance:
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OutputCompression

The [-...-] is only intended for inline text, it's not intended
for large multi-line contents such as (:pagelist:).  The correct
formulation of the above would be:

   %block font-size:smaller% (:pagelist link={$FullName} fmt=simple:)

Or one could do:

   >>font-size:smaller<<
   (:pagelist link={$FullName} fmt=simple:)
   >><<

In a more general sense, PmWiki doesn't aim for 100% XHTML compliance
regardless of whatever arbitrary markup sequence an author might throw
at it.  While we could probably get there, the costs in terms of
programming complexity and runtime efficiency just aren't worth the
effort.

> On a sidenote, the pagelist is claiming
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OutputCompression is linked from
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Profiles/BrBrBr
> whereas now since the wikiwords are disabled, it
>  is actually not linked anymore....

It'll take a while for the pages to update their various target
attributes to understand the new linking environment.