[pmwiki-users] Restricting information (Was: General Farming Questions)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Oct 3 11:16:25 CDT 2005

At 2005-09-29  09:15 AM +0200, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>We haven't implemented anything like this yet, but so far I had thought
>that it'd have to be implemented using wiki fields:

Christian

I have almost the same requirements, and I have used different
subdomains for each of the fields. Some of these are protected by
Apache Basic Authentication, and I have a config.php entry that
forces the Author name to the authenticated user name. It really
works quite well except that there are pages that I would like to be
common to all the subdomains. Currently I make copies, but it is a
pain keeping them synchronized.

I am thinking of putting these common pages into yet another field
and referencing them from the "main" fields. I think if I do some
clever "Alias match" stuff in Apache I should be able to have them
appear to be part of the referring group. Not exactly sure if or how
this would work ...

I am also wondering if it might be possible to have a common field
that has backlinks to the field that referred to it - so when a user
comes from field "A", the links all go back to "A".

The other possibility is to use this cookbook recipe:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm

The problem is, I want more than one shared group. At the very least
the groups "Profiles" and "Shared" should be common. Still, I think
the cookbook still applies, I just need a few more entries.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668