[pmwiki-users] Formatting Word documents to Pmwiki friendly pages

Rene Visco rvisco at csdr-cde.ca.gov
Mon Oct 3 15:54:21 CDT 2005

Hi,

Do anyone know of any software or procedures that can remove the bullets and
tabs from Word documents to be wiki-friendly?

For example, I got the Hurr. Katrina educational resource guide in .doc
format.  So, I made the test "plain text" in TextEdit (similar to NotePad in
PCs).

However, it did not remove the bullets or tabs.

I spent a few minutes deleting the tabs (which forced markup boxes) and
removing the bullet characters from the page.

It can be time-consuming if dealing with several .doc files. I can make it
as download links instead of posting it in wiki pages, but I prefer to have
it accessible in wiki rather than downloading the .doc files from the wiki.

Rene V.