[pmwiki-users] Attachments won't work in my PmWiki 2.0.6 version

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:47:48 CDT 2005

On 10/3/05, fever <fever at gmx.org> wrote:

> I cannot use attached files in my PmWiki installation. And I have tried what
> I can to find out what's wrong. Please help:
>
> I can upload the files and afterwards the link shows e.g.
> http://localhost/wiki/uploads/example.jpg
> when I move the mouse over it. But when I click it it turns to
> http://localhost/wiki/Example/Jpg
> with the comment: "Describe Jpg here."
>
> Background:
>
> 1) I have used the standalone cookbook
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone) in order to install the
> pmwiki on a Windows XP machine and use the monobook skin. Everything works
> fine except uploads.
>
> 2) config.php contains the following lines:
>
>  $EnableUpload = 1;
>  $EnableUploadOverwrite = 0;
>  $UploadDir = "uploads/";
>  $UploadUrlFmt = "http://localhost/wiki/uploads";
>  $UploadPrefixFmt = '';            # sitewide attachments
>  $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('upload');  $UploadMaxSize = 200000;
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to what went wrong in my approach?

While I don't have a solution to your question, I do "have a clue as
to what went wrong". Go back to the recipe at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone and read the green text
toward the bottom. Specifically the part that says "Only images
situated in the 'pub' directory or subdirectory can be displayed. This
was solved by relocating the 'uploads' directory in the 'pub'
directory." I'd say its some weird quirk of the server your using.

That server is not very feature rich and should probably never be used
for a live site. If you want to really test how your site will work in
production you need to have a real web server installed. If you want
some help setting one up, just ask off list and I'll offer some help
if I have the time.
--
----
Waylan Limberg