[pmwiki-users] How to include a searchbox in the SideBar

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Wed Oct 5 18:14:50 CDT 2005

fever wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a searchbox in the SideBar. Does anybody have a nice
> idea to do so?
>
> Just using (:searchbox:) in the SideBar messes up completely the
> design of
> the light skin. And in April Hans and Pm already discussed the issue
> in this
> thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/11862.
> Did
> you, Hans, or anybody else manage to find a trick?

You can always do it with directives.

As I did it for my template in:
http://www.material-raum-form.com/mrf/pub/skins/mrf/mrf.tmpl

     <form action='$ScriptUrl/$[Site/Search]'>
           <input class='searchbox' type='text' name='q' value='Suchen /
Search' />
   </form>

with the use of an appropriate css:
http://www.material-raum-form.com/mrf/pub/skins/mrf/mrf.css

probably to much unnecessary clutter...

** search form
***********************************************************************/

#wikihead {
     position:absolute;
   top:-12px;
   left:0px;
     font-size:0.9em;
   vertical-align:top;
   text-align:right;
   z-index:7;
   }

#wikihead input {
   border:1px solid #ccc;
   color:#555;
   width:12.5em;
   padding:2px 3px;
   font-family:verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;
   font-size:9px;
   color:#ccc;
   }

#wikihead form {
   margin:0px;
   }

#wikihead {
   padding:10;
   margin:20px 0 0 0;
   }

#wikihead input:focus {
   border:1px solid #333;
   color:#f57d00;
   }

It works for me, except that I am looking for a script which deletes the
default text, while you click into the form......

regards, Stephan.