[pmwiki-users] good upgrade practices (was: {$UrlPage})

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sun Oct 9 11:32:04 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-09  09:52 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>More to the point, it's sometimes a good idea to remove (or rename)
>the wikilib.d/ directory entirely, and get a fresh copy from the latest
>distribution.

I think a note to this effect needs to be added to the upgrade
instructions. When I changed from 2 beta 40 to 2.0.10 I spent a lot
of time chasing down a rogue SideBar page that turned out to be
Main.SideBar left over in wikilib.d. There were other "lurkers" in
there as well and I just trashed the existing wikilib.d and replaced it.

The "copy over the top" technique was replacing new pages, but not
removing deprecated ones (on WIndoze...).

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668