[pmwiki-users] wrapping around PageText

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 9 20:00:34 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 01:41:19PM +0200, bram wrote:
> I was wondering, is there an easy method to wrap a function around
> 'PageText', the call that formats PageText is in the middle of HandleBrowse
>
> One way I use is to wrap the PageText is to copy the HandeBrowse
> function, modify it and change the HandleActions>
>
> Another would be to wrap <!--PageText--> in the template using
> ob_start('wrapper') and ob_end_flush.
>
> Is it possible to wrap the formating more directly?

Could you give a bit more detail about what you're wanting to
do in the wrap itself?  I've talked in the past about creating a
"join" markup rule that does the opposite of the "split" rule,
such that any markup transformations after "join" are performed
on the text as a whole again.  But so far it's just been a discussion,
awaiting a definitive use for it.