[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 13 16:26:29 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:47:48AM -0700, H. Fox wrote:

> I think a request for (YYYYMMDDhhmm) its likely because of time zone
> issues.  Example: An Arizona-oriented wiki running on a server in
> Texas would be one hour off (or two hours off when Daylight Saving
> Time is in effect because AZ doesn't "save daylight").

For those running Arizona-oriented wikis in Texas (or anywhere else in
the world), they should probably put the following in config.php:

    putenv("TZ=MST7");

This says to use "Mountain Standard Time" with no daylight savings
time conversion.  Then the dates and times are as one would expect,
regardless of server location.
(See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ChangeTimeFormat .)

Also, I now have an test of conditional date markup running
at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/IfDate , for those who would
like to experiment with it.