[pmwiki-users] userauth ... lost everything?

EuGeNe eugene at boardkulture.com
Sun Oct 16 14:52:38 CDT 2005

Hi there,

Something very strange happened to me tonight and was wondering if
someone could enlighten me on the matter.

A few days ago I upgraded from beta28 to 2.0.10 on my little personal
pmwiki install on which I had installed userauth for some time.

It went flawlessly except for userauth. I don't remember exactly what
happened at the time but I read somewhere that I had to upgrade some
file, probably basicauth to get things going again which I did and it
worked fine.

Tonight I wanted to work on my wiki and got a session warning read/write
error on /tmp/ of some description coming from userauth/SessionVars.php
or some file like that ... I figured something wasn't fixed after my
first attempt so I downloaded the full userauth package  (0.64).. put in
in my cookbook ... and unfortunately lost everything. I have no idea why
nor how? I looked like files where disappearing one at a time everytime
I was loading the web page or typing a command in my open ssh session ...

Sorry if this all seem confused but I am a bit distressed. I had a
backup.tar file that when I tried to untar disappeared as well ...
basically I lost all the files on my account the www folder and
everything else and I don't understand how :(

Can someone help me understand what went wrong?

Thanks a lot,

EuGeNe