[pmwiki-users] Re: WikiCalendar

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Oct 16 18:16:22 CDT 2005

On Friday, 14 October 2005 7:59 PM, Thomas N. Burg <editor at randgaenge.net> wrote:
>> From: John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz>
>>

>> On Thursday, 13 October 2005 11:28 PM, Thomas N. Burg
>> <editor at randgaenge.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I'm using this recipe
>>> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/WikiCalendar
>>>
>>> Now, i'd like to see a week instead of a month any way to accomplish
>>> that? i'd need it for my daughter's kindergarden. They have events
>>> each day so they focus on weeks rather than on months.
>>
>> This shouldn't be too hard. I see that Chris Cox is promoting PmCal
>> for this also.
>>
>That sounds fantastic. What you should take care of is that if there
>is a lot of content for a day how that gets displayed on one
>page.
>
>Thomas

I have uploaded a version to Cookbook.WikiCalendarfor trial.

1. Download and replace wikilog.php, wikilog.css and
   wikilog-i18n-en.php with the new versions.

2. Create a page called (for example) ThisWeek in the
   group containing the calendar, with the following text

    (:nogroupheader:)

    (:thisweek:)

3. The nogroupheader suppresses the normal navigation

4. You should see a navigation line

    Today . Tomorrow ...

   followed by

    Today

        text of today's page, indented

    Tomorrow

        text of tomorrow's page, indented

   and so on

5. Important: if any of the pages contain >>div<< markup
   this will cause text indentation to cease, as PmWiki
   does not support nested div tags.

6. (:thisweek -5:) will cause the display to start 5 days
   ago; similarly (:thisweek 5:) will cause the display to
   start 5 days in the future.

7. The script is PublishPDF-aware, so if that library is
   installed, you'll be able to generate a nice pdf of the
   week's entries. The PublishPDF library doesn't yet include
   this latest version of the WikiCalendar.

Let me know how you get on.

--
JR