[pmwiki-users] Weird behavior of TitledLinks in Sidebar

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:34:14 CDT 2005

I have the following situation:
In my sidebar I have  (:include Group.Trailmenu:)
Said TrailMenu uses the syntax of TitledLinks  [[MyPage | +]]
However, when I am viewing MyPage, the Title of MyPage listed in the
SideBar is actually the Title I have assigned to Group.Trailmenu.
The same applies to any page I view - the link to that page (and only
that page) gets the Title of Group.Trailmenu
If I remove the Title from Group.Trailmenu, the problem goes away.

Even more interesting is that when I switch the SideBar to use the
TrailMenu recipe (:pagelist trail=Group.TrailMenu fmt=trailmenu:) the
problem goes away as well.

At first I thought it was a side effect of my EditTitle recipe (which
optionally requires all pages to have a title - thus a title for the
TrailMenu), but when I remove (ok, comment out the include to) that
recipe, it still does the same thing. I was going to just disable the
RequireTitle for that one page in /local/, but I tried the Trailmenu
first to see what that did. As I am likely sticting with the TrailMenu
recipe anyway (its a vary long trail), its not a problem for me, but I
thought I'd put it out there. Is anyone else getting the same?
--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com