[pmwiki-users] Integrating AuthUser into existing site

Wesley Tanaka wtanaka at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 08:35:19 CDT 2005

I found that variables set in the skin with global $varname; weren't being
preserved across skin function calls, so I've been using $GLOBAL['varname'] in
my skin.  Not sure if that's a PHP version issue or something I'm doing wrong.

My earlier question was a bit premature -- PmWikiAuth looks like it's called
before the skin is loaded.  So I needed to move the login checks and other
initialization into local configuration files anyway so that they run early
enough to set Author and AuthId.

And it looks like the pseudocode you posted earlier might be doing exactly what
I was looking for!  Thanks so much!  (I just need to turn off the Author box in
the edit form, turn off the IP address which I set to display by default, and
make sure it all works with my custom commentbox-like script).

Thanks for the help (and so quick too)!

Wesley Tanaka

http://treehouse.ofb.net/ - Treehouse Bar & Cafe in the town of Shangri-La
http://treehouse.ofb.net/guide/?lang=en - Travel Guide