[pmwiki-users] url parms with ampersands and w3c validation

Wesley Tanaka wtanaka at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 09:57:09 CDT 2005

> What about the other places where pmwiki.php calls "exit" -- is it okay
> to leave those alone?

The only one that's affected my application so far was the one in the patch.  I
see a total of 6 calls to exit in pmwiki.php:

1. Right after a Redirect(): makes sense to keep it.  The redirect header would
cause problems if pmwiki were embedded in a page, and it's (in most cases) not
useful to continue script processing after redirecting the browser.
2. the one in the patch
3. in Abort() which probably makes sense to keep, given the name of the
function.
4. The fourth one's in Redirect() itself.  Keep, with the same reasoning as 1
(though #1 looks like it might be redundant?)
5. in PmWikiAuth().  I plan for all of my wiki to be publicly readable, so I
don't think this one would ever get called.
6. in HandlePostAttr().  I don't ever plan on calling this function.  I think
I've touched page attributes once or twice total.

I may be confused about when PmWikiAuth and HandlePostAttr get called, but I
think the one line patch that I submitted will cover my particular application.

Thanks,

Wesley Tanaka

http://treehouse.ofb.net/ - Treehouse Bar & Cafe in the town of Shangri-La
http://treehouse.ofb.net/guide/?lang=en - Travel Guide