[pmwiki-users] WikiForms and WikiCals

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Oct 19 17:30:08 CDT 2005

On Thursday, 20 October 2005 10:28 AM, Thomas N. Burg <editor at randgaenge.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just tried to use both recipes in one group - the calendar group -
>and figured out that they interfere. The wikiform writes into the
>calendar which is strange.
>
>Any idea on that? Do I need to use a different group?

Both wikiforms and wikicalendar control the naming of pages.
Wikiforms assigns the next sequential number and wikicalendar
uses the specified yyyymmdd. So, you /can/ use these in the
same group, but you end up with 2 sets of page name spaces
and putting them in different groups will be tidier, as you
probably don't want a calendar to appear on the form pages.
One set of pages will be called Group.yyyymmdd and the other
will be Group.nnnnn.

You probably know that (:wikilogbox:) creates a simple form
with a date pick-list, Headline, Story, and Author that lets
people add a story to the selected page.
--
JR