[pmwiki-users] Organization opinions requested

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:22:59 CDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Michael Kizer <mkizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just started playing around with PmWiki and so far I love it. I'm going
> to be converting an old Perl script of mine to the wiki format and just
> wanted to get some organizational opinions before diving too deep into
> transfering the bulk of the content into PmWiki.
> Basically, the Perl script organizes a collection of song lyrics into an
> easy to traverse reference. The original script is here:
> http://www.ivorygate.com/cgi-bin/sb/sb.cgi?toc=dtsb
> link to the specific album transfered to PmWiki:
> http://www.ivorygate.com/cgi-bin/sb/sb.cgi?file=dtsb2&toc=dtsb#top
>
> I've setup the initial layout in PmWiki and transfered the content for a
> single album here:
> http://www.ivorygate.com/dtsb/index.php?n=Albums.WhenDreamAndDayUnite
>
> I have created a group called Albums, to contain full albums of lyrics and
> to facilitate the expanding menu in the sidebar.
> Each song has its own wiki page (also in the Albums group), and the main
> album page simply includes all of the individual song pages that make up
> that album. The song title links to the individual song page (for example:
> http://www.ivorygate.com/dtsb/index.php?n=Albums.AFortuneInLies
> ).
>
> This layout seems to work fairly well, and will allow me to keep things
> nicely organized, but I am open to suggestions as well.
> So, if you have some time, take a peek and let me know what you think.

Interesting site. However, I think I'd do things a little different.
What happens if 2 different albums contain a song by the same title
(hey, it happens - a compilation cd, greatest hits album, another
artist does a remake or (the big problem) even writes a different song
and unknowingly gives it the same name)? Maybe each album could have
its own group. That way you would have
WhenDreamAndDayUnite.AFortuneInLies. Just a suggestion.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com