[pmwiki-users] {$UrlPage}

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:12:13 CDT 2005

> At some point it just becomes easier to configure it in the webserver,
> or as part of a configuration file, or even Site.DeletedPages  page.

This would be fine by me. When a page is not found, check for it on
the list of deleted pages. If its there, act according (410). If its
not there - then "304 Not Found".

> > PmWiki already has a way of dealing with moved pages (redirecting to
> > the new location), right?  Could / should the 301 status code be
> > worked into that?
>
> PmWiki already uses a "302 Found" status code in the case of (:redirect:).
> I suppose it could be a "301 Moved Permanently" response, but I'm
> a little reluctant to assume that such urls are always, automatically,
> and irrevocably "permanently moved".

Hmm, good point. Maybe we could use some other markup to indicate a
permanent move. Then, on second thought... If a page is truely
permanently moved, wouldn't the old location no longer exist? Where
would one use (:redirect:) of some alternate markup? Maybe another
list? Site.MovedPages? This just seems to be getting more and more
complex, doesn't it?

--
----
Waylan Limberg