[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 13:46:05 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:37:19AM -0700, Rene Visco wrote:
> I'm planning to use Pmwiki for Intranet at a school.  However, the
> file/documents are already stored in servers (MIS server) and are
> already structured by folders, etc.
>
> How do I enable the "download" link within a wiki to a specific file in
> a specific folder in an intranet server?  I'm aware that Pmwiki have
> "upload" folder, but my supervisors are not interested in transferring
> the massive amounts of files from servers to PMwiki's upload folder.
>
> What are your suggestions?

Use an InterMap link -- define a new InterMap reference
(in local/localmap.txt) for each folder you want to be able
to access.  So, if the existing files are at   http://somehost/download/,
you can set up an intermap link as:

   MISServer         http://somehost/download/

Then authors can refer to the files by writing "MISServer:file.ext"
and it'll automatically be translated to http://somehost/download/file.ext .

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomInterMap for details.
Or, send us more details and we can help set it up.  :-)