[pmwiki-users] Re: recipes on core elements

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Sep 1 18:46:20 CDT 2005

At 07:11 PM 9/1/2005, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>Radu schrieb:
>>At 05:54 PM 9/1/2005, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>>
>>>  any comparison technology won't be able to see what changes are
>>> relevant to it.
>>
>>Hey, I'm not planning any sophisticated AI here :) Just a check to
>>see if ANYTHING changed in the span declared, then that line number
>>is echoed out and the script goes to the next string in $MyMods.
>
>Oh, that will just give you tons of false positives,

How did you come to that conclusion? I have modified specific core
functionality; if that functionality changes, I want to know so I can
check it in detail, and transfer the changes to the version of the
function I maintain in the recipe. Where are the false positives?

>  i.e. changes that aren't relevant in any way. Unless you're
> checking *all* lines of the PmWiki scripts, it will most likely
> also miss all kinds of relevant changes.

Like what? If my function is identical with the function in the core,
everything else should go on working, no?

I'll just go ahead and implement it, then put it up and let
maintainers comment/improve on it if they feel like.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)