[pmwiki-users] UserAuth

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:56:38 CDT 2005

> > 1) There seem to be two recipes that handle user authentication...
> > UserAuth and AuthUser.  What is the difference?  Which is more newbie
> > friendly!?
>
> Rob, I am fairly new myself and after reading on on the two, went with
> AuthUser. It actually addresses all the issues you commented on.

Err, make that UserAuth. Yeah, the names are so close I get confues
all the time too. Sorry, I meant to add more on this, but got carried
away on the third question and forgot about it. Basically, as this is
a recipe separate from PmWiki, use only what you find on this wiki
page and ignore all other pages on auth in the wiki. AuthUser is built
into the wiki core, and there are allot of hacks/recipes that play
with it in many different ways.

Once I figured that out, I studied the entire UserAuth page,
downloaded all the scripts provided there, and followed the
instructions on that page only. So, to get the toggling login/logout
link, scroll down to HTML Customization and follow along. As a side
note, that section also address the Wiki markup for displaying edit
links etc.

--
----
Waylan Limberg