[pmwiki-users] graphics

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 13:41:34 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 11:35:19AM -0700, Phil Seyer wrote:
>    Perhaps I am making a mistake in posting this question, so I'll try it
>    again.
>
>    There are some nice examples of inserting images at:
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Images
>
>    But in each case the url used for the graphic is always displayed, too,
>    which is rather distracting.  Is there a way to show graphics without the
>    URL?

Normally the url isn't displayed.  Are you duplicating the (:markup:) ...
lines that appear in that page, too?  If so, don't -- those are simply
there so that readers can see the markup (in the top part of the box)
and the image that results from the markup (in the bottom part of
the markup).

To just get the image, just put the url address of the image directly
into the page, as in "http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/ptart-1c.gif"
or, for attached/uploaded images "Attach:ptart-1c.gif".  PmWiki will
replace the url with the embedded image.

If that's not what you're seeing or getting, let us have an updated
url that demonstrates the problem and I'll take a look.