[pmwiki-users] AuthUser enhancements

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 14:35:32 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 09:12:01PM +0200, Christian Schlatter wrote:
> I plan to use PmWiki as a CMS-like tool for a new website, so I'd like
> to have
>
> - identity based authentication
> - login/logout page
> - conditional menu items
>
> As far as I know this can be achieved using
>
> - AuthUser Cookbook
> - LoginLogout Cookbook
> - including adapted Site.PageActions in template
>
> Wouldn't it be nice to have all of this in one cookbook script ;-)

Actually, all of these except LoginLogout are already in the
core distribution, and I'll probably add a login/logout feature
real soon. :-)

> Additionally a page named Site.PageActionsCond could be introduced in
> wikilib. The content of this page would be (from Pm's post):
>
>     * %item class=browse% [[{$FullName} | View]]
>     * %item class=edit% [[{$FullName}?action=edit | Edit]]
>     * %item class=history% [[{$FullName}?action=diff | History]]
>     (:if auth upload:)
>     * %item class=upload% [[{$FullName}?action=upload | Attach]]
>     (:if:)
>     * %item class=print% [[{$FullName}?action=print | Print]]

I think this is already the content of Site.PageActions in the
distribution (actually, Site.PageActions is a little more sophisticated
than this, and includes accesskey support and internationalization).