[pmwiki-users] Questions on release 2.0.0 (PageStore class)

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Sep 2 16:13:37 CDT 2005

At 04:58 PM 9/2/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>We have to be careful here -- it's not immediately clear what
>such a configuration option would look like.

It would look like
$checkSaves=1;

I didn't have in mind to allow that option for wikis using gzipped
pagestores. However, if those people can afford the resources needed
to ungz 4-5 files for each page display, they would not mind an extra
ungz as you suggest below:

>So it seems to me that in order for gzpagestore to provide this
>level of reliability, it would have to re-read and uncompress the file
>that was just written to check its contents and length.  That sort
>of check could probably be provided by default, or as an option.

But all that would be part of the recipe, not the core.

The core, in my opinion should keep shecking for filesizes before
renames. My original suggestion (which Pm improved on) was to check
against zero, since when my shared server runs out of space because
the virtual storage runs out of space through some server management
glitch or hardware failure, I don't want to wind up with zero-length
files (again :)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)