[pmwiki-users] Upgrading to 2.0 breaks Input recipe - how to proceed?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 7 07:24:51 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:39:42PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> >   (:input menu
> >       "First item"
> >       "Second item"
> >       "Third item" :)
>
> Note that this would, in the long run, require PmWiki to handle nested
> markup.

I'm quite certain when the long run arrives we can handle it.  HTML
has a *long* history of promising features that never receive support
in browsers.  :-)  I'm also sure it can be done without having to
do lots of nasty nested parens -- there are many markup possibilities.

> It would be nice if the Forms page documented the defaults. Otherwise,
> admins might be left "figuring out the mappings" (which I agree is a Bad
> Thing).

The Forms page is going to be folded into the official documentation,
as PmWiki.Forms -- it's just a matter of getting around to it.  :-)