[pmwiki-users] markup questions

nexyufuli evo noskule at gmx.net
Wed Sep 7 15:06:14 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:01:22PM +0200, nexyufuli evo wrote:
>

>>hi list
>>I have a problem build this markup. Does someone see whats wrong here.
>>Markup("explanation", "inline",
>>"/\(:explanation:\)(.*?)\(:explanationend:\)/", "<div
>>class='explanation'>$1</div>");
>>

>If you're wanting this to cross multiple lines, then:
>
> - The '.' in a regular expression won't match newline characters
>   unless the '/s' option is placed on the pattern.
>
> - By the time "inline" markups are being processed, the markup
>   has already been split into multiple separate lines for
>   processing.  You want to sequence this prior to the "split"
>   operation somewhere.
>
>Pm

I did try it in every way I could think of but without success. All what
was working was everything on the same line. With '/s' did you mean "and
any whitespace character" so it should be '\s' ?

Could you please make an example how you would do it?

/\(:explanation:\)(.*?|\s.*?)\(:explanationend:\)/

many thanks nos