[pmwiki-users] Another ExtendedMarkup annoyance

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Wed Sep 7 16:09:44 CDT 2005

Hi,

Filling some wiki pages, styles were driving me mad since I was unable to
use real numbers (aka. '2.5em'). I started to reverse-engineer
script/wikistyles.php regexps without any understanding why they shouldn't
work...
...until I found I was still including 'cookbook/extendmarkup.php', which
presets $WikiStylePattern variable to a erroneous value (the decimal point
was missing in *your* regexp definition).

Why not reusing core functionalities instead of redefining them?

Instead of:
SDV($WikiStylePattern,'%%|%[A-Za-z][-,=:#\\w\\s\'"]*%');

I would have prefered found something like:
if(IsEnabled($EnableStdWikiStyles,1))
  include_once('script/wikistyles');
else
  SDV($WikiStylePattern,...

Once again, I would vote for a less monolithic markup extension since I'm
not requiring all the features it provides. At the end I would probably
rewrite my own stripped down version.

Regards,
Dominique