[pmwiki-users] transliteration -> unicode markup for Indian languages

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Sep 10 23:59:53 CDT 2005

Vanakkam, Mani:

I'm also very interested in this. I just spent the past four days
been working issues through getting Tamil Unicode running on OSX
using the last set of 40 GIST fonts issued by the Government of India
here:

>>   http://ildc.gov.in/GIST/htm/ttf.htm

Using Kalyansundaram's Mylai Keyboard which is mapped to Tamil
Unicode...

These fonts work fine in some applications, but not others...

What fonts are you using?

Though our context does not use transliteration for entry, -- we
would enter Tamil in Tamil script itself...as we have lots of people
who are familiar with tamil Script. But we do need transliteration
output from Tamil unicode input... so I don't know if this relates,
but keep me posted on progress.  I am curious why you would choose
transliterated Tamil as your entry format? versus just having someone
type it in Tamil in the first place.

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com