[pmwiki-users] download links on pmwiki.org

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 16:53:24 CDT 2005

Recently 3 links were added to the sidebar:
Download
(tgz)
(zip)

I find it a bit disconcerting that they do not point to actual pages.
The first points to a directory, the others to files.
I find it okay if such links are used on a page, if it is made
apparent where the links are pointing to, or what they are.
But on a sidebar I find it too cryptic and confusing.
Certainly I would expect to go to a page named 'Download',
not just to a directory. Obviously the page 'Installation' fulfilled
this purpose. Perhaps its link should be called 'Download & Install'.

Do we need those three strange links?
</end of moan>

--
Best regards,