[pmwiki-users] extending the core

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 10:44:05 CDT 2005

I've just added a new "CoreCandidates" category to PITS, summarized at
http://www.pmwiki.org/PITS/CoreCandidates.

This is a place where we can record suggestions and collect feedback
regarding features to possibly be changed in or added to the PmWiki
"core" distribution.

Feel free to use this category in PITS to suggest development of a
new core feature, changes to the core, or to suggest that specific
features from the Cookbook or other sources be made part of the core.
It's also okay to move or add other existing PITS items into the
CoreCandidates category.

Note that just because an idea or suggestion is a CoreCandidate doesn't
automatically imply that it'll ever become part of the core.
CoreCandidate just provides a place for us to keep track of suggested
changes to the core, gauge the overall demand for each, and to record
the discussions and specific considerations associated with each
proposed change.

I've added a few initial candidates for discussion and feedback,
feel free to add more.

Thanks,