[pmwiki-users] PmCalendar 0.11, almost ready for a 1.0.

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Sep 15 16:11:15 CDT 2005

Pierre-Marie Carette wrote:
> thanks for these quicky answers
> It was a newbie suggestion, I'am  not informatician ;-(
> When I begin a PmWiki, I see in  PmWikiFr/FichierDeConfiguration :
> $DefaultName = 'Pr�sentation'; # Page de d�marrage groupe - d�faut
> 'HomePage' -
> My server don't like the accent :  I choose  $DefaultName = Intro   for
> introduction (same word in french and american). The choice
> $Group.$Group is not evident for my no-informaticians readers.
> and I suppose that every admins choose another words....
> it's only why I suggest to follow this convention.
> To help you modestly , I look after the line in pmcal.php and make
> three trials  ;-) to know where to write $DefaultName. It seems to me
> that I can propose this change after seeing my calendar not destroy  by
> this modification ;-)
>
> I confess that I am not enough informatician to have found and
> understand the patrick's suggestion : $out .= "[[$cal]]\n";

No problem.  I wasn't 100% sure I had intepreted things correctly
inside of PmWiki (but apparently I have so far).

I'm just glad you caught one of the places where I hadn't changed
the code.  I used to have the problem you described everywhere...
so... at least I now have something to fix and I appreciate
your help.  Shows that even a non-imformatician can certainly
help debug!!  Thanks again.

> My purpose is only to have the buttons beside today(left-bottom of  the
> calendar) (the other calendars) with the good links to the
> namecalendargroup.homepage/ intro/.../$DefaultName
>
> I write my trial in the mailist because I believe that exist any  users
> in the same case
>
> In my particular case, I maybe use pmcal to pages in group Temps/Time
> like suggest
> and wikilog.php to create the events in anothers pages.
>
> Many Thanks for this jobs and quick answers

Your welcome and THANK YOU for helping find something I had
missed.