[pmwiki-users] opacity - CSS 3 on Win/IE and FF

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 17 16:29:06 CDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 06:12:43PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> I am about to localize the misinterpretation.
> Its working, when I work manually (withou the wiki), but the handling of
> parameters like:
> filter:alpha(opacity=40);-moz-opacity:.40;opacity:.40;
>
> is something PmWiki cannot interpret. Too many brackets and dots?

Actually, PmWiki is having trouble with the equals-sign in the middle
of the specification, it thinks that the "opacity=..." part above
is an HTML attribute that needs quotes around it.

I'll see about fixing the routine that adds the quotes to be a bit
smarter about such things.  But this is one of those cases
where it might be a lot better to just externally define a css
class and use that -- it will certainly be easier to read!

It may also be that we can come up with an %opacity=40% wikistyle
specifier, I need to read up on opacity properties a bit more.  :-)