[pmwiki-users] Re: Categories in a own textfield

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 19 13:02:05 CDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:38:16PM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:

> I was also thinking if there is a posibility to have similar fields for
> "title", "keyword" and "descriptions"? I was planning to make them mandatory
> for all pages on my sites.
>
> e_title e_keyword and e_descriptions could be defined.
> If not in forms.php then maybe a cookbook.
> Also with some logic to not display them if it they are present on the
> page or perhaps get displayed but greyed out.

Keep in mind that once you turn something into a field of its own
that is stored outside of the markup, PmWiki no longer keeps track of
older versions of the values in the page history (unless you start
adding code to do that).  It can be done, but it's not automatic.

My suggestion for this would be to continue to store the field values
in the markup, but make edit form directives that are smart enough to
extract the values from the markup when an edit page is requested, and
replace any of the directives with the revised values from the form
when a page is being saved.  (I don't know if this would be easy or hard
to do -- that's just the way I would go about it.)