[pmwiki-users] Re: sectionedit 1.4.1 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 15:24:46 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 05:41:46PM +0000, Karl Loncarek wrote:
> Here some suggestions for the section edit capability (in fact I'm using
> almost all of them)
>
> Suggested Markups (minimum):
> ====   (for the joint of two sections, for manual sectioning)

How does this compare to the "____" that was suggested/used
in the breakpage recipe?

> (:nosections:) - for disabling Sectioning

Does this simply mean that the "edit section" links aren't
rendered, or is there more to it than this?

> In sectionedit I had additional markups (:autosections:) and for 2.0
> (:noautosections:) (=headers are seection borders). But I think it would
> be better in the long end to use variables in the config.php to set this
> behaviour as this should not be changeable within a wiki through markup.

It'll definitely be possible through variables; I haven't decided
about markup.

> We could also discuss how sectioning should happen, i.e. what are the
> borders of a section:
>
> There are only a few possibilities that make sense:
> 1 sections are only possible through additional markup (e.g ====)
> 2 sections use Headers as borders
>  a the borders of the section is a header no matter what level
>  b the borders of the sections are headers of the same level
> 3 both of the above
>  a ==== is on border, whatever header is other border
>  b something else
> Maybe the way sections are created could be adjustable via variables.

I definitely need to have a markup that can designate a new section
without requiring a !! heading.  I'm also planning to allow wiki
administrators to designate other markups that act as section dividers;
these could be headings (!, !!, !!!), div sections, tables, etc.
Something like

   $SectionBreakPattern = '/^____|^!{1,3}[^!]/';

Comments?