[pmwiki-users] Re: Ideas: Group-based user permissions

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Sep 22 02:58:28 CDT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> ----other off-the-wall ideas----

> Yet another way to do this is to allow pages/groups to directly
> use the permissions set on another page.  For example, permissions
> could be set as "page:Other.GroupAttributes" which means to
> grab authorizations from another page/group.

I think being able to set page and/or group permissions indirectly by
referring to another page or group would be brilliant!

Btw, would it make sense to introduce a page like

	Site.SiteAttributes

which by default would  be used for the entire site, just like

	GroupAttributes

works for an antire group?

/Christian