[pmwiki-users] Action to list pages in group

Russell Bailey russell-pmwiki at saberpunk.net
Thu Sep 22 10:11:27 CDT 2005

Jeremy,  have you looked at the minimal WikiLinker I included in the
RichEdit recipe?  I like the idea of a better one,  but I thought I'd
ask,  first.  ;)

Also,  have you gotten RichEdit running on your wiki?  I've installed it
into a few configurations myself,  but,  so far,  the two people on the
list who have tried seem to have had trouble.

Jeremy Sproat wrote:

>One of the problems I'm facing is I'm not sure how to pass arguments
>to an action.  For example, if I wanted to alternatively list pages in
>the current group or all pages in the wiki - could I pass an argument
>as a request parameter, or should I define separate actions for the
>different behaviors?

The preferred way to do this is to pass an argument as a request parameter.

>Another possible issue is security - it's possible that a wiki admin
>may not want all the page names exposed to anyone who knows the
>?action=listgrouppages URL.  Is there anything special I need to do to
>the action to prevent this, or is this all handled in config.php using
>the $DefaultPasswords array?

I think page _names_ generally get exposed,  but it seems to me that
it'd be relatively easy to extend pagelist to take this into account.