[pmwiki-users] Advanced tables missing markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 23 11:03:05 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 10:12:55AM +0200, romat2 wrote:
> We also miss header cells in advanced tables. And I've came across
> another functionality where simple tables are more advanced than
> advanced tables. FormattingSimpleTables cookbook recipe
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FormattingSimpleTables) shows how
> to create simple table with alternating row colors. That's not
> available with advanced tables.

The features of FormattingSimpleTables isn't available
with (:table:) markups because the two are intended for entirely
different purposes.

Simple tables is intended for things that are truly tabular; i.e.,
have lots of rows and columns of data.  (:table:) was developed
primarily to address larger layout issues (especially having
multiple columns of content).  They weren't intended to be
directly related.

That said, if there's demand for being able to do the things in
the cookbook recipe with advanced tables, I don't think it would
be too difficult for me to add.