[pmwiki-users] PMWIKI-Uploads Problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 24 09:18:16 CDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 03:33:26PM +0200, Konstantin Grenader wrote:
> I have set up a page in pmwiki and want to enable image uploads there
>
> when i write Attach: blabla.jpg at a page i get the upload screen, i
> choose the file and click on upload - i get this error message:
>

> Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The
> script whose uid is 32036 is not allowed to access
> /home/a003f9e1/public_html/pmwiki/pub/images/SFG owned by uid 99 in
> /home/a003f9e1/public_html/pmwiki/scripts/upload.php on line 138

...pub/images/SFG ?  Do you have a special uploads directory
configured?  Normally I would've expected this to try to upload
to .../public_html/pmwiki/uploads/ .

> I have set the permission to 777
> And i am using pmwiki 0.6

Your system is running in PHP's "safe mode", so the ability to
copy files depends on file ownerships as well as permissions.
I think you need to create the upload directories manually and
set each one to 777 permissions.  But I'm still curious as to
why it's trying to upload into pub/images/SFG/ instead of
uploads/SFG/ .