[pmwiki-users] Re: How to 'automatically' keep a deployed PmWiki install up to date?

Robin robin at kallisti.net.nz
Sun Sep 25 10:25:17 CDT 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 03:17, Crisp, Steve [UK] wrote:
> I still think a separate repository, let's call it a staging area might
> simplify things especially if the update mechanism needed nothing more
> than you already have to run PmWiki (php, web server, browser).  Unless
> there is a php CVS client class out there that can be reused!
Might I recommend that if you do something like this, you look into
subversion. It's usable just the same as CVS (it was designed to be easy
to go from one to the other), but avoids many of the issues that you end
up unconsciously working around in CVS, leading to less repository
maintenance and more just using it.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian at jabber.kallisti.net.nz>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D