[pmwiki-users] Graphical submit buttons on forms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 07:56:42 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:38:50AM +0100, Ed W wrote:
> Hi, I like the new forms functionality (that I just discovered has been
> there since beta 44!)
>
> Has anyone thought about introducing graphical submit buttons?  I think
> it just needs a type (:input image:) or perhaps a modifier to (:input
> submit:)?  I guess it would even be possible to overload the "display
> as" link syntax, but this sounds a little complicated to code?

Probably (:input image src='url...':).. I'll see if I can add this to
the forms code.

I'm also still trying to figure out the markup I want to use
for <select> menus.  Perhaps:

   (:input select name="olist"             # maybe (:select name="olist"
      "Option 1"
      +"Option 2"
      "myopt_3|Option 3" :)                # maybe "myopt_3=Option 3"
                                           # maybe "Option 3=myopt_3"

which would produce

    <select name='olist'>
      <option>Option 1</option>