[pmwiki-users] Fwd: RFC: Core candidate offerings

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Apr 1 10:56:50 CST 2006

Saturday, April 1, 2006, 3:43:19 PM, Ben wrote:
> I think the argument incorporating list items fails for a key reason.
> When two groups of list items are separated by white space, doe PmWiki
> not create two separate lists? This is part of the reason why you
> can't put white space between ordered list items--it will start
> incrementing again (absent an explicit value setting). So, we are
> really talking about vertical space between <ul> and <ol>, not space
> between individual <li> within the same group.

Just to point out that pmwiki does not create two separate lists when
list items are separated by a blank line.

#item1
#item2

#item3

is rendered as

1. item1
2. item2

3. item3

in this case pmwiki puts a p-vspace inside li item2, after the item.
The same happens for list items of second order etc.

I think this behaviour to honour whitespasces in lists was added for
pmwiki 2.1

Best,
 Hans