[pmwiki-users] Help! Performance problem after server move

Robin Hills robin at bitbybitsystems.ca
Mon Apr 3 13:52:45 CDT 2006

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere before. I'm sure it
probably has.

I'm the administrator at Flu Wiki. The domain is www.fluwikie.com but
you won't raise it right now because the account has been suspended. We
moved to a new host on Saturday and there have been problems ever since.
I'm told that the application is using 110% of the processor even when
"it's just sitting there".

I've been told it's a configuration issue even though I'm running
exactly the same configuration files as I have been for a couple of months.

One thing I noticed is that while my config.php doesn't have a closing
?> tag, the per group customization files all do. Could this possibly be
the problem? When I suggested to tech support that I remove them, he
said he thought it should be the opposite - that config.php *should*
have the closing ?> tag. They're unwilling to experiment without
confirmation that one of us is on the right track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This move started last Tuesday
and for a variety of other reasons we've been down more often than up
ever since.

Thanks in advance,
Rob (aka pogge)