[pmwiki-users] conditional markup q.

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:50:50 CDT 2006

Hi, nos:  I think this is the same question I asked and then answered for
myself this morning.  I couldn't find it in the docs either.

It's even simpler than your example, if I'm reading your question correctly
- it's just:

(:if auth edit pagename:) or (:if ! auth edit pagename:)

BUT if you want a link on (for example) the Site.SideBar that will let the
user edit Main/SomePage, then it really is just:

(:if auth edit:)[[{$Name}?action=edit | Edit]]

because a link in a SideBar acts as if it were a link right on on the page
that is being viewed. You probably already knew this - this probably isn't
what you meant.

If you want a link on Site.SideBar that will let the user edit Site.SideBar,
then the new syntax is good.  Then it's

(:if auth edit Site.SideBar:)[[Site.SideBar?action=edit | Edit SideBar]]

Hope that answers your question.

Tegan