[pmwiki-users] Conditional data

Octocias octocias at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 5 12:35:55 CDT 2006

Hi,

<< If you want the including page to select the summary or content, use
anchors >>

This has been a cool solution. I have implemented it for one of my pages. I
will describe it here, because it may be that you have an even better
solution once you know better what I am trying to acheive.

In my "Art / Animations" section (link
#1<http://www.octocias.com/index.php?n=Art.Animation?action=source>below),
instead of having one huge ugly table with all the content, I
include a wikiPage which really ONLY has a CELL of data (link
#2<http://www.octocias.com/index.php?n=Art.AnimationApril04CharRow?action=source>
).

That single cell contained a thumbnail image which typically either points
to a file for download or a page of related data.

The problem was, a single animation showcase was fragmented.. I preferred to
keep all the content in one place. I also have many more animations to
showcase, and I thought oh dear, now I need another include for when I ONLY
want the thumbnail for that animation. Using PM's solution, I now have the
format shown at link
#3<http://www.octocias.com/index.php?n=Art.2004WorldEnv?action=source>.
As I said before, this is much better than what I was doing, but it's going
to be a lot of work bringing the other pages in to line with this
methodology. Maybe you'd like to say "actually, here's another potentially
better idea..." ?

Link #1: http://www.octocias.com/index.php?n=Art.Animation?action=source
Link #2:
http://www.octocias.com/index.php?n=Art.AnimationApril04CharRow?action=source
Link #3: http://www.octocias.com/index.php?n=Art.2004WorldEnv?action=source

(p.s. I am a c++ developer, very new to php, but I'm dead keen to learn it,
so feel free to throw php-related ideas my way)

regards,