[pmwiki-users] New user's problem: Edit -> Preview -> Edit removes changes

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 02:51:48 CDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2006-04-07  01:18 PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com is
> rumored to have said:
> >I've seen this happen repeatedly now with new users... So I think
> >something could be improved in the GUI here. How about the following idea:
> >
> >What if the text of the edit link was changed when a page is being
> >previewed? The text could for instance be changed from 'edit' to 'edit
> >(discard changes)'. This text isn't really good, but I hope the idea comes
> >across...
>
> There was a very similar thread about 2 weeks ago. I think Hans
> actually came up with a variant of his Gemini skin that completely
> removed the "normal" action links when editing.
>
> I was in favor of completely removing the links, while others
> commented that they used them all the time.

Hmm... the only action I use when editing is really 'view', and then
usually with the browser's function to open in another (browser) page.
Unfortunately I can't remember why... it might be to get a look at how the
page used to look?

Still... I think I'd also be in favor of removing them completely when
editing.

/Christian