[pmwiki-users] wikipublisher server problem -- wikipublisher-2.0.5 release

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Apr 19 19:35:07 CDT 2006

On Wednesday, 19 April 2006 6:54 PM, francois <francois.lagarde at gmail.com> wrote:
>John Rankin <john.rankin <at> affinity.co.nz> writes:
>
>Hello,
<snip>

>By the way -I know that it could be another post- i tried to install the
>wikipublisher server. I did it with the instructions. Unfortunately, i get the
>?Access denied? message when i make a query. I checked my Approved Wiki Urls and
>everythings seems to be right.
>
>Is it a way to get more informations, something like logs.
>
>I made a similar post in
>http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=Wikipublisher.InstallationExperiences

Donald, I think you need to answer this one. I'm not sure how to debug this.
It occurs to me that it would be helpful if the "Access Denied" message spelt
out the URL it's denying, the page it is visiting to check and perhaps some
other information.

Something like:
    "URL http://... not registered on page http://..."

This would help debug the above problem.

Francois, try this:

- request a pdf and extract from the browser address bar the url of the
  page being requested

- go to the AccessControl.ApprovedWikiUrls page

- modify the browser address to read
  ... ?action=checkapproval&url=http://sample.page.here
  using the url you extracted above

- you should get back either "1 Approved" or "0 Unapproved"

If instead you see the standard pmwiki browse screen, the action is not
able to be performed and there is a problem with the install of the
AccessControl.ApprovedWikiUrls.php script.

The wikipublisher server issues this request to the pmwiki server
specified in server configuration file to verify the requested address.
The local/AccessControl.ApprovedWikiUrls.php script adds this
funtionality. Depending on what you get back from running this check
manually, we may be able to work out what is going wrong. I know that
somebody else encountered this problem, but he just commented out the
call to approve the url and I never heard any more. I would like to
work out what is going wrong so we can help future users.
--
JR