[pmwiki-users] Wikiforms questions.

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Apr 19 20:06:14 CDT 2006

On Thursday, 20 April 2006 5:24 AM, Richard Crane <craner at haskins.yale.edu> wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Apr 2006, John Rankin wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 19 April 2006 5:44 AM, Richard Crane <craner at haskins.yale.edu> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to get two fields on the same line of a form?
>>>

>> On input, not at the moment. On browse, you can now create a ViewTemplate page
>> that lets you display the data any way you wish. Put <fieldname> where you want
>> the value to go and on action=browse, it will use Group.ViewTemaplate to
>> determine the layout.
>>
>My first attempts don't seem to have any affect on either existing or new entries:
>My ViewTemplate source is:
>

><shorttitle>
>
><title>
><type>    <pubyear>
>
><notes>
>
>but the pages display according to the Forms page.
>The input page is at Forms/DataSave, the view template at DataSave/ViewTemplate, and I
>see the resulting pages at DataSave/000nn -- is that correct?

That all looks correct. The ViewTemplate should automatically apply
to all entries.

This feature is new last week.
Are you using the latest version of wikiforms, which is 1.45.
Check that the last function in the wikiform.php script is
"HandleBrowseEform".

If that is all correct, what happens if you add ?template=ViewTemplate to
the browser address? This shouldn't be necessary, but we'll try it anyway.

--
JR