[pmwiki-users] Farm setup

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Apr 19 22:23:51 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-19  07:10 PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com is rumored to have said:
>What should the directory structure should be for a farm. I need
>2 wikis. right now it:

There are dozens of directory structures that will work for farms.
What are you trying to do? Do you want the URLs for your 2 wikis look
like this:

http://wiki1.example.com/pmwiki/
http://wiki2.example.com/pmwiki/

or like this:

http://www.example.com/wiki1/pmwiki/
http://www.example.com/wiki2/pmwiki/

??

The first set has different domains and you need to have virtual
hosting enabled on your web server. The second set uses one domain
with sub directories.

For two domains with virtual hosting I would suggest:
         webroot
                 virtualhost1
                         pmwiki (home wiki)
                 virtualhost2
                         pmwiki (second wiki)

For subdirectories in one domain I would suggest:
         webroot
                 wiki1
                         pmwiki (home wiki)
                 wiki2
                         pmwiki (second wiki)

You will note that these structures look almost the same, but the
URLs used to access them are very different.

If you follow the instructions on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiFarms, it should be very easy
to set up your farm.

Neil Herber