[pmwiki-users] Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Thu Apr 20 20:08:39 CDT 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I haven't looked at Blocklist2 recently, but it should be possible
> to have multiple blocklist pages.  Then each site can have a
> Site.Blocklist,
> and a shared farm directory can hold the single Site.FarmBlocklist
> page.
>
> (In other words, it's not necessary to share the entire Site group--
> one can simply share the single Site.Blocklist or
> Site.FarmBlocklist page.)

It still accepts an array of page names as the alternative for the
defaults.

If you define the array, it will entirely ignore setting the default
pages, so make sure you explicitly include Site.Blocklist or
Main.Blocklist if that's your intention.

The effects are cumulative, so I will soon have an $EnableUnBlocklist
(default off) and have the default page be Site.UnBlocklist ?  -- heh

Explicit definition of custom blocklist pages:

$BlocklistPages[] = 'Site.Blocklist'
$BlocklistPages[] = 'Site.FarmBlocklist'

These need to be defined before you include the blocklist!

Crisses
----
"Frankl (1978) also links freedom with responsibility.  He suggested
that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a
Statue of Responsibility on the West Coast.  His basic premise is
that freedom is bound by certain limitations.  We are not free from
conditions, but we are free to take a stand against these
restrictions.  Ultimately, these conditions are subject to our
decisions.  We are responsible."
  -- Gerald Corey, Theory and Practice of Counseling and
Psychotherapy (Sixth Ed.) p. 147, re: Viktor Frankl.